Well, Tonight marks the 4 year anniversary of the first time that he and I spent a night watching movies together. He added me on msn instant messenger and told me that he was my friendly neighborhood stalker! He told me that he wanted to watch through his foreign movie collection and wanted company to do so. That night, after I went for Buffalo Wild Wings with my friends, Joe and Sydnie, I called and told him I was on my way to his house. I was so nervous that night, that I didn't even ask to use the bathroom when I REAAALLLY had to pee. We watched The House of Flying Daggers, a movie that makes him cry. It was a good night. We drank a few beers and enjoyed the movie. When I returned home, I finally watched all of the Dr. Who episodes he had given to me six months prior.
It was the beginning of a four month long Thursday and/or Sunday Doctor Who marathon. I would go over there after work and we would stay up until dawn just hanging out watching movies. Throughout the long months of us spending so much time together, my feelings kept growing.
We've had our share of disputes and problems....but I wouldn't trade anything for the time I've spent with him. He knows my body like no other, he knows my personality, my hopes, my dreams, my clumsiness, my fears....The only other person who knew me as well as he does was my Boppa. It makes sense that this man means a lot to me, when he "gets" me.
Recently, I've never felt closer to another human being than I have with him. He opens up a lot farther than he used to, and is no longer reluctant to spend time with me. The last four years have been fantastic, and sometimes EXTRAORDINARILY hard and painful. I just hope that one day, he opens up far enough to let me in, into his family, into his friends, and into the rest of my life.
I'm happy, and that's all that matters.
No comments:
Post a Comment